Wayne Greer Obituary
Wayne Delaine Greer, 73, of Hickory Flat, died July 24, 2012 at his residence. He was born Sept. 15, 1938 in New Albany to the late William Duncan “W.D.” Greer and Bertha Mae Mann Greer. He retired from the Mississippi State Highway Department of Transportation with 35 years of service. He was a member of the Cornersville Baptist Church.
Services will be 11 a.m. Friday, July 27, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Gary Linville officiating. Interment will be in the Cornersville Cemetery in Potts Camp. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by a special friend Joan Kennon of Hickory Flat, a sister Mary Jane Greer Robbins (Larry) of Ripley, a brother Bobby Greer (Margaret) of Hickory Flat, a niece Janet Greer D’Amico (Dominic), three nephews David Robbins (Pam), Steven Greer, and Jason Greer, two great nieces Mary Beth Robbins and Giana Grace D’Amico, and two great nephews Brandon Robbins and Brody Robbins.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Pallbearers will be Walter Gadd, Glen Clossitt, David Greer, Jr., Allen Gray, William Byers, James Byers, James Smith, and James Gray.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...