Wayne Greer Obituary
Wayne Delaine Greer, 73, of Hickory Flat, died July 24, 2012 at his residence. He was born Sept. 15, 1938 in New Albany to the late William Duncan “W.D.” Greer and Bertha Mae Mann Greer. He retired from the Mississippi State Highway Department of Transportation with 35 years of service. He was a member of the Cornersville Baptist Church.
Services will be 11 a.m. Friday, July 27, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Gary Linville officiating. Interment will be in the Cornersville Cemetery in Potts Camp. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by a special friend Joan Kennon of Hickory Flat, a sister Mary Jane Greer Robbins (Larry) of Ripley, a brother Bobby Greer (Margaret) of Hickory Flat, a niece Janet Greer D’Amico (Dominic), three nephews David Robbins (Pam), Steven Greer, and Jason Greer, two great nieces Mary Beth Robbins and Giana Grace D’Amico, and two great nephews Brandon Robbins and Brody Robbins.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Pallbearers will be Walter Gadd, Glen Clossitt, David Greer, Jr., Allen Gray, William Byers, James Byers, James Smith, and James Gray.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...