Carolyn Dicks Obituary
Carolyn Scott Dicks, 58, of Arlington, Wash., died Aug. 1, 2012 at her home in Arlington after a long sickness. She was born Oct. 29, 1953 in Union County to Jack and Beva Lee Wait Scott. She graduated from Myrtle School and from Ole Miss. She was retired from the housing office of the U. S. Navy in Oak Harbor, WA. She had great faith in God, a prayer warrior and a great friend to all, who will be greatly missed.
She is survived by her husband of 33 years, Guy Dicks, of Arlington, Wash.; two sisters, Sarah Scott Byers (J.A.) of Hickory Flat and Kay Scott Uriz (Tony) of Cantonment, Fl.; a brother, Buddy Scott, of Hickory Flat; four nieces, three nephews; one great nephew and one great niece.
There will be no local services.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Clerk’s office open for absentee voting Saturday morning October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...