Blue Springs to hold budget hearing Aug. 28
The Blue Springs Board of Aldermen members met Tuesday night to discuss a variety of issues, including services that need to be provided now that the town has annexed.
Aldermen Sandra Boland said, “We are going to have to start providing street lights.”
The Town of Blue Springs still does not have sewer, which the board discussed as being a problem that would deter possible developers. The board discussed looking into grant funding for a sewer system.
The board also discussed raising the millage rate, which is currently at 9.35 mills.
Aldermen Sandra Boland made the motion to keep the millage rate the same and Aldermen Shirley Allen seconded the motion.
A budget hearing will be held at 6 p.m. on Aug. 28, 2012 at Blue Springs Town Hall. All public are invited to attend.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series