BMC to hold open house for new education department space
Blue Mountain College will have an open house from 2-4 p.m. Sunday at its new Department of Education headquarters – in the former downtown building of Grisham Lumber and Supply Company at 203 West Mill Street.
The former Grisham building underwent a thorough renovation over the summer and now contains five classrooms, a curriculum lab, seven offices, two restrooms, and includes wireless technology.
The building, built in 1984 and containing nearly 12,000 square feet, will house the Department of Education, including undergraduate, graduate and continuing education.
For Dr. Sharon Enzor, vice president of academic affairs at BMC, said the new classroom space has been a longtime coming – 12 years to be exact.
“Overseeing the completion of the renovation of this building has been the experience of a lifetime.” Enzor said. “The building is state of the art, and faculty and staff are thrilled with the opportunity to impact the education of teachers for the years ahead in such a beautiful facility.”
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...