Eastern Lights, August 10, 2012
Boy, did we have a season of rain on Sunday and early Monday morning. The Apostle Paul said it well when he said, “My God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:13.
Well I can tell you my needs have been met: I have had plenty of vegetables and fruit all summer long. I would thank all of you by name but I’m sure I’d leave someone out, but thanks to all of you.
More and more of you tell me you enjoy the community news; that makes me happy even those – I don’t know.
Jamie and I enjoyed the wonderful service at Pleasant Hill Baptist Church last Tuesday night. Hannah Grace and Sara Beth Page blessed our hearts with their talent of singing. Then Louie Williams of Macedonia Baptist Church, visiting evangelist, delivered a wonderful message. Lou Zemeke is the pastor.
Sunday afternoon I had company from New Harmony. Karl, Juanita and Penny Easley came for a visit. They stay so very busy with their church work at New Harmony that they don’t have a lot of time to visit.
Other visitors during the week were Robert, Robbie, Sheyanne, and Lauren Frazier, and Paula McCullough.
Billy and Shelby Easley, some of the Roger Hogue family, Charles, Clara ,and B. J. Harrison, and James and Shelly Stanford recently vacationed in Branson, Mo.
Sympathy is extended to Lynn and Shirley Fitts for the death of his daughter, Gina Crumpton, who was buried Thursday. She was a member of Calvary United Methodist Church. Trey Lambert was in charge of the service.
Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church will celebrate Homecoming on Sunday at 11 a.m. John Moore, district superintendent for the New Albany district, will bring the message followed by a pot luck lunch and fellowship.
About Chris Elkins
- Ingomar takes out Mantachie in playoff opener October 13, 2016
- The Playhouse October 18, 2016
- Letter to the editor: MAEP School Funding Formula – Change is coming October 18, 2016
- Communicating with families October 18, 2016
- We plan to be more involved October 18, 2016
- Lady Urchins sweep Calhoun City and advance to North Half October 18, 2016
- We’re moving October 18, 2016
- Sharing at Christmas drive begins; applications due Oct. 29 October 18, 2016
- Historic flag visits museum for bicentennial October 18, 2016
- Christmas parade Nov. 28; new lights, event to follow week of parade October 18, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...