Macedonia News, August 10, 2012
Jimmy, Angela, Savannah, Jacob, and CJ Shirley and Sarah Farr flew to Yellowstone July 21-29. At Jackson Hole they saw the majestic Grand Tetons, the most beautiful sight in the West. They went white water rafting on the Snake River. CJ was the bravest one, hanging on for dear life right in the front of the boat. Sarah hurt her foot while rafting, but it didn’t slow her down one bit.
At Cody, Wyoming they saw the Buffalo Bill Museum and also went to the rodeo. While on the rim at Yellowstone Jimmy and the kids came up close and personal with a bear. Angela said the bear wasn’t hungry so he didn’t pursue them. Traveling through Yellowstone they saw bison and elk. They also viewed Old Faithful, Mammoth Springs, and the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone.
Huckleberries were in season and they ate them on pancakes, milkshakes, and anything else they could think of. Sounds like they had a wonderful trip.
Kathryn Henderson, Parker Owen, and Jaime Henderson visited with Michelle Thompson in Bay St. Louis July 27-30. Parker loved the beach and the water park. On Sunday they went to New Orleans where they ate and shopped in the French Quarters. New Orleans is one of Kathryn’s favorite places to visit.
Macedonia’s children’s group went to Shocca Springs, Alabama Baptist Conference Center and Camps, in Talladega, Alabama July 27-29 to the Centri-Kids Camp. Attending the camp were Hailey and Harley Steen, Linzi Moore, Madison Gray, Parker Childers, Natalie Robbins, Maddie McQuary, Halo Floyd, Melody Powell, Nathalie Naranjo, Taylor Dees, Chase Williams, Caleb Graves, Gunner and Jayden Carwyle, and Braxton Smith .Adults who went were Anita Douell, Melissa Williams, and Melissa and Mark Powell.
The group participated in quiet time in which they read their Bibles and had a devotion. They also had a worship rally and a group time with a CentriKid staff leading the group. The kids were able to choose different tracks to join, consisting of special interest activities. Organized Mass Chaos (OMC) was a recreation event where the entire camp competed in teams. Melissa Powell and Taylor Dees both got called onto the stage to participate in an activity.
Joni, Garrison, and Eric Carpenter enjoyed a trip to the mountains July 30-Aug. 3. They loved the Dixie Stampede, riding go carts, and Dollywood.
Garrison rode the Thunder River Rampage over and over. At Cade’s Cove they saw a bear in a tree. He scrambled down from the tree and was only a few feet from them. Awesome!! I would have loved to have seen Garrison’s eyes. Joni’s favorite activity was shopping!!
Malcolm Rhea celebrated his 83rd birthday on July 31. Belinda made a delicious dinner of lasagna with all the fixings, and Malcolm said it was even better than Carolyn Freiday’s, the lasagna master of their family. Belinda felt quite honored. Hailey Davis made a German chocolate cake and put an 8 and a 3 candle on top. Malcolm cleaned his plate for the first time in over a year which certainly pleased all of the cooks.
Celebrating with Malcolm were Gary and Nancy Rhea, Hailey and Belinda Davis, and Matt Taylor. He also received numerous calls from relatives and friends.
Wayne Gaines was buried on Wednesday, Aug. 1. Wayne was the brother-in-law of Mary and John Edd Hargrove. Christopher Hargrove flew in from Las Vegas to attend the funeral.
Jimmy and Kathryn Baker had guests at their lovely home for a delicious barbecue supper of ribs and chicken on Saturday, Aug. 4. Attending were Lou and Larry McQuary, Joe and Kathy McNeer, and Linda and Van Swearingen.
Homecoming will be at Macedonia on Aug. 19. Unity Four will be singing and Bro. Randy Bynum will be preaching. Join us for this great day.
Be thankful for stumbles for they prevent falls.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series