Margie Roberts Obituary
Margie Lee Massengill Roberts, 83, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born May 30, 1929 in Hickory Flat to the late Arland Chesley Massengill and Mary Ruth Butler Massengill. She was a homemaker, and a member of the New Albany Presbyterian Church.
Services were at 10 a.m., Thursday, Aug. 9, 2012 at the New Albany Presbyterian Church with the Rev. Bill Everett officiating. Interment was in the Hopewell Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by four sons Franklin E. Roberts of Trapper Creek, Alaska, James A. Roberts (Judy) of New Albany, H. Alan Roberts (Leshia) of Nettleton, and Robin L. Roberts (Connie) of Hattiesburg, three brothers James Arland Massengill of Warner Robbins, GA, Amos Hall Massengill of New Albany, and Douglas Patton Massengill of Chicago, Ill., six grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband the Rev. Alton Liddell Roberts, and a sister Mary Sue Whitehorn.
Honorary pallbearers were the elders and deacons of the New Albany Presbyterian Church.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The body lay in state from 9 to 10 a.m., Thursday, at the church.
Memorials may be made to the New Albany Presbyterian Church designated to the Christmas Benevolent Offering.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...