Margie Roberts Obituary
Margie Lee Massengill Roberts, 83, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born May 30, 1929 in Hickory Flat to the late Arland Chesley Massengill and Mary Ruth Butler Massengill. She was a homemaker, and a member of the New Albany Presbyterian Church.
Services were at 10 a.m., Thursday, Aug. 9, 2012 at the New Albany Presbyterian Church with the Rev. Bill Everett officiating. Interment was in the Hopewell Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by four sons Franklin E. Roberts of Trapper Creek, Alaska, James A. Roberts (Judy) of New Albany, H. Alan Roberts (Leshia) of Nettleton, and Robin L. Roberts (Connie) of Hattiesburg, three brothers James Arland Massengill of Warner Robbins, GA, Amos Hall Massengill of New Albany, and Douglas Patton Massengill of Chicago, Ill., six grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband the Rev. Alton Liddell Roberts, and a sister Mary Sue Whitehorn.
Honorary pallbearers were the elders and deacons of the New Albany Presbyterian Church.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The body lay in state from 9 to 10 a.m., Thursday, at the church.
Memorials may be made to the New Albany Presbyterian Church designated to the Christmas Benevolent Offering.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...