Margie Roberts Obituary
Margie Lee Massengill Roberts, 83, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born May 30, 1929 in Hickory Flat to the late Arland Chesley Massengill and Mary Ruth Butler Massengill. She was a homemaker, and a member of the New Albany Presbyterian Church.
Services were at 10 a.m., Thursday, Aug. 9, 2012 at the New Albany Presbyterian Church with the Rev. Bill Everett officiating. Interment was in the Hopewell Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by four sons Franklin E. Roberts of Trapper Creek, Alaska, James A. Roberts (Judy) of New Albany, H. Alan Roberts (Leshia) of Nettleton, and Robin L. Roberts (Connie) of Hattiesburg, three brothers James Arland Massengill of Warner Robbins, GA, Amos Hall Massengill of New Albany, and Douglas Patton Massengill of Chicago, Ill., six grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband the Rev. Alton Liddell Roberts, and a sister Mary Sue Whitehorn.
Honorary pallbearers were the elders and deacons of the New Albany Presbyterian Church.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The body lay in state from 9 to 10 a.m., Thursday, at the church.
Memorials may be made to the New Albany Presbyterian Church designated to the Christmas Benevolent Offering.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...