Margie Roberts Obituary
Margie Lee Massengill Roberts, 83, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born May 30, 1929 in Hickory Flat to the late Arland Chesley Massengill and Mary Ruth Butler Massengill. She was a homemaker, and a member of the New Albany Presbyterian Church.
Services were at 10 a.m., Thursday, Aug. 9, 2012 at the New Albany Presbyterian Church with the Rev. Bill Everett officiating. Interment was in the Hopewell Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by four sons Franklin E. Roberts of Trapper Creek, Alaska, James A. Roberts (Judy) of New Albany, H. Alan Roberts (Leshia) of Nettleton, and Robin L. Roberts (Connie) of Hattiesburg, three brothers James Arland Massengill of Warner Robbins, GA, Amos Hall Massengill of New Albany, and Douglas Patton Massengill of Chicago, Ill., six grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband the Rev. Alton Liddell Roberts, and a sister Mary Sue Whitehorn.
Honorary pallbearers were the elders and deacons of the New Albany Presbyterian Church.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The body lay in state from 9 to 10 a.m., Thursday, at the church.
Memorials may be made to the New Albany Presbyterian Church designated to the Christmas Benevolent Offering.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Ollie Otter teaches kids to buckle up September 27, 2016
- Supervisors try again on bridge contract September 27, 2016
- Main Street drainage work delayed September 27, 2016
- NAES students study Constitution September 27, 2016
- Tell us what you want the news to be September 27, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...