Vance receives MASS scholarship
Allie Vance, a 2012 graduate of New Albany High School (NAHS), was recognized at the New Albany School Board Meeting Monday night for being a recipient of the 2012 MASS (Mississippi Association of School Superintendents) Scholarship.
Jackie Ford, interim superintendent for the New Albany School District, said that Vance was selected as one of the few recipients to receive the MASS scholarship. She was selected out of 125 applicants.
While at NAHS, she graduated with a 4.0 grade point average and was a member of the National Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta, Anchor Club, National Science Honor Society, FBLA, and FCA.
During high school, she received academic recognition in the areas of Mississippi Studies, Gifted English, Biology, Musicianship, STEM, Microcomputer Applications, and Oral & Electronic Communications. Vance has also earned the Gold, Silver, and Bronze Congressional Awards.
During her high school career, Vance held lead roles in the annual high school musicals. She was a member of both the Pride of New Albany Marching Band and the NAHS Chorus. She has also participated in the APEX Leadership Conference, the HOBY Conference, and the Union County Leadership Academy.
Vance is a member of Hillcrest Baptist Church where she has been active in Acteens, prayer breakfast, Bible drills, and various mission projects. Her plans are to attend Mississippi College this fall and pursue a career in Speech Pathology. She is the daughter of Joe and Christy Vance.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...