Vance receives MASS scholarship
Allie Vance, a 2012 graduate of New Albany High School (NAHS), was recognized at the New Albany School Board Meeting Monday night for being a recipient of the 2012 MASS (Mississippi Association of School Superintendents) Scholarship.
Jackie Ford, interim superintendent for the New Albany School District, said that Vance was selected as one of the few recipients to receive the MASS scholarship. She was selected out of 125 applicants.
While at NAHS, she graduated with a 4.0 grade point average and was a member of the National Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta, Anchor Club, National Science Honor Society, FBLA, and FCA.
During high school, she received academic recognition in the areas of Mississippi Studies, Gifted English, Biology, Musicianship, STEM, Microcomputer Applications, and Oral & Electronic Communications. Vance has also earned the Gold, Silver, and Bronze Congressional Awards.
During her high school career, Vance held lead roles in the annual high school musicals. She was a member of both the Pride of New Albany Marching Band and the NAHS Chorus. She has also participated in the APEX Leadership Conference, the HOBY Conference, and the Union County Leadership Academy.
Vance is a member of Hillcrest Baptist Church where she has been active in Acteens, prayer breakfast, Bible drills, and various mission projects. Her plans are to attend Mississippi College this fall and pursue a career in Speech Pathology. She is the daughter of Joe and Christy Vance.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- Register now for NEMCC spring classes December 6, 2016
- Thanks for keeping ‘Sharing at Christmas’ something to look forward to December 6, 2016
- We still need help to Share at Christmas December 6, 2016
- Officials welcome funding for expanded emergency communications December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday