The cover of the New Albany Football Souvenir Program for the 2012 season says it all.
On the cover designed by Lance Moore, New Albany Coach Ron Price and the team’s seniors are linked arm in arm in a striking photograph taken by Gazette Sports Editor Elizabeth Zaremba. Under the photo are the words, “Standing Strong Together” and a small purple ribbon with the initials “A.P.”
The “A.P.” is for Amanda Price, the coach’s wife was who killed last December by an intruder at the couple’s home and the “Standing Strong Together” could reflect not only the feelings of the team, but also of the community.
It will be an emotional time tonight as Coach Price returns to the football field for the first regular season game since the tragedy that left him a widower and daughter Molly Addison motherless.
It will be the annual “Maroon Madness” game with Ripley, but many fans will be wearing some purple in honor of Amanda Price’s favorite color. A purple ribbon also is on the back of the team’s helmets this season.
The community has, and continues to, stand strong in support of the Price family and the coach’s commitment to stay in New Albany and do what he does – coach football and set high standards for himself and his team both on and off the field.
It is just as it should be as the Bulldogs start the 2012 season.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...