The cover of the New Albany Football Souvenir Program for the 2012 season says it all.
On the cover designed by Lance Moore, New Albany Coach Ron Price and the team’s seniors are linked arm in arm in a striking photograph taken by Gazette Sports Editor Elizabeth Zaremba. Under the photo are the words, “Standing Strong Together” and a small purple ribbon with the initials “A.P.”
The “A.P.” is for Amanda Price, the coach’s wife was who killed last December by an intruder at the couple’s home and the “Standing Strong Together” could reflect not only the feelings of the team, but also of the community.
It will be an emotional time tonight as Coach Price returns to the football field for the first regular season game since the tragedy that left him a widower and daughter Molly Addison motherless.
It will be the annual “Maroon Madness” game with Ripley, but many fans will be wearing some purple in honor of Amanda Price’s favorite color. A purple ribbon also is on the back of the team’s helmets this season.
The community has, and continues to, stand strong in support of the Price family and the coach’s commitment to stay in New Albany and do what he does – coach football and set high standards for himself and his team both on and off the field.
It is just as it should be as the Bulldogs start the 2012 season.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday