Clara Harpole Obituary
Clara Dee Poe “Momma Dee” Harpole, 83, of Blue Springs, died Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born Oct. 12, 1928 in Union County to the late Charlie and Rebecca Wilmoth Poe. She was a seamstress, homemaker and caregiver to those in need. She was a lifelong member of the Fairfield Presbyterian Church where she taught Sunday school, made sweet tea for church functions, and was the caretaker for the church. She loved her family and the community of Fairfield. Her hobbies were walking, crocheting, gardening, and fishing with her friend Sybil.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Aug. 24, 2012 at the Fairfield Presbyterian Church, with Rev. Dan Rupert and her great-nephew Phil Sparks officiating. Interment will be in the Jones Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by her daughter Lara Hampton (Billy Ray) of Blue Springs, her son Ronald Harpole (Eva) of Blue Springs, a sister Mary Marrow of Batesville, two sisters-in-law Yancydine Smith of Calhoun City and Revenell Poe of Saltillo, two granddaughter Venessa Greene (Hugh) of Dennis, and Crystal Stegall (Bob) of Fulton, six grandsons Johnny Hampton (Verna), Gene Hampton, Gary Hampton, J.B. Harpole, James Harpole (Summer), Donald Harpole (Kayela) all of Blue Springs, 13 great-grandchildren, 2 great-great-grandchildren, and a host of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband Wesley Robert Harpole who died in 1969, four sisters Estell Elmore, Nadine Dunn, Ruth Rodgers, and Bessie Lou Melton, a brother Ellis Poe, two infant sons, a granddaughter, and a great-grandson.
Pallbearers will be Ben Bolan, Anthony Campbell, J.B. Harpole, Donald Harpole, Nicky Hazel, and John Ben Hazel. Honorary pallbearers will be Johnny Hampton, Gene Hampton, Gary Hampton, James Harpole, and Alex Greene.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m., Thursday and will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, at Fairfield Presbyterian Church.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...