Clara Harpole Obituary
Clara Dee Poe “Momma Dee” Harpole, 83, of Blue Springs, died Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born Oct. 12, 1928 in Union County to the late Charlie and Rebecca Wilmoth Poe. She was a seamstress, homemaker and caregiver to those in need. She was a lifelong member of the Fairfield Presbyterian Church where she taught Sunday school, made sweet tea for church functions, and was the caretaker for the church. She loved her family and the community of Fairfield. Her hobbies were walking, crocheting, gardening, and fishing with her friend Sybil.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Aug. 24, 2012 at the Fairfield Presbyterian Church, with Rev. Dan Rupert and her great-nephew Phil Sparks officiating. Interment will be in the Jones Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by her daughter Lara Hampton (Billy Ray) of Blue Springs, her son Ronald Harpole (Eva) of Blue Springs, a sister Mary Marrow of Batesville, two sisters-in-law Yancydine Smith of Calhoun City and Revenell Poe of Saltillo, two granddaughter Venessa Greene (Hugh) of Dennis, and Crystal Stegall (Bob) of Fulton, six grandsons Johnny Hampton (Verna), Gene Hampton, Gary Hampton, J.B. Harpole, James Harpole (Summer), Donald Harpole (Kayela) all of Blue Springs, 13 great-grandchildren, 2 great-great-grandchildren, and a host of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband Wesley Robert Harpole who died in 1969, four sisters Estell Elmore, Nadine Dunn, Ruth Rodgers, and Bessie Lou Melton, a brother Ellis Poe, two infant sons, a granddaughter, and a great-grandson.
Pallbearers will be Ben Bolan, Anthony Campbell, J.B. Harpole, Donald Harpole, Nicky Hazel, and John Ben Hazel. Honorary pallbearers will be Johnny Hampton, Gene Hampton, Gary Hampton, James Harpole, and Alex Greene.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m., Thursday and will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, at Fairfield Presbyterian Church.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...