David Thompson Obituary
Jimmy David Thompson, age 67, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Oct. 19, 1944 in Benton County to the late Jim G. Thompson and Celia G. Brock Thompson. He was a clerk for Piggly Wiggly, and an auto mechanic. He loved to travel especially to the Smokey Mountains. He was a member of the Flat Rock Baptist Church.
Services were 2 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 23, 2012 at United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Billy Thompson and the Rev. Terry Floyd officiating. Interment was in the Flat Rock Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Shelia Rutherford Thompson of New Albany, a son David Brian Thompson of Memphis, Tenn., four sisters Charlene Floyd (Burnice) of New Albany, Brenda Smith of Waterford, Pat Love (Carl) of New Albany, and Gail Hamblin (Harlon) of Ecru, two brothers Robert Thompson (Diane) and Bobby Thompson (Silvia) both of New Albany, a grandchild Seattle Thompson, and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister Tammy Moore, and a brother-in-law Charles Smith.
Pallbearers were Gary Floyd, Brad Hamblin, D.J. Moore, Neal Thompson, Norman Thompson, and Timothy Stevens. Honorary pallbearers were Mike McCord, Carl Love, Jerry Stevens, Burnice Floyd, Harlon Hamblin, and Paul Childs.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Ignoring burn ban can cost you money September 29, 2016
- BNA Bank converting former bus station into new mortgage center September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...