David Thompson Obituary
Jimmy David Thompson, age 67, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Oct. 19, 1944 in Benton County to the late Jim G. Thompson and Celia G. Brock Thompson. He was a clerk for Piggly Wiggly, and an auto mechanic. He loved to travel especially to the Smokey Mountains. He was a member of the Flat Rock Baptist Church.
Services were 2 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 23, 2012 at United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Billy Thompson and the Rev. Terry Floyd officiating. Interment was in the Flat Rock Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Shelia Rutherford Thompson of New Albany, a son David Brian Thompson of Memphis, Tenn., four sisters Charlene Floyd (Burnice) of New Albany, Brenda Smith of Waterford, Pat Love (Carl) of New Albany, and Gail Hamblin (Harlon) of Ecru, two brothers Robert Thompson (Diane) and Bobby Thompson (Silvia) both of New Albany, a grandchild Seattle Thompson, and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister Tammy Moore, and a brother-in-law Charles Smith.
Pallbearers were Gary Floyd, Brad Hamblin, D.J. Moore, Neal Thompson, Norman Thompson, and Timothy Stevens. Honorary pallbearers were Mike McCord, Carl Love, Jerry Stevens, Burnice Floyd, Harlon Hamblin, and Paul Childs.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...