David Thompson Obituary
Jimmy David Thompson, age 67, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Oct. 19, 1944 in Benton County to the late Jim G. Thompson and Celia G. Brock Thompson. He was a clerk for Piggly Wiggly, and an auto mechanic. He loved to travel especially to the Smokey Mountains. He was a member of the Flat Rock Baptist Church.
Services were 2 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 23, 2012 at United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Billy Thompson and the Rev. Terry Floyd officiating. Interment was in the Flat Rock Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Shelia Rutherford Thompson of New Albany, a son David Brian Thompson of Memphis, Tenn., four sisters Charlene Floyd (Burnice) of New Albany, Brenda Smith of Waterford, Pat Love (Carl) of New Albany, and Gail Hamblin (Harlon) of Ecru, two brothers Robert Thompson (Diane) and Bobby Thompson (Silvia) both of New Albany, a grandchild Seattle Thompson, and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister Tammy Moore, and a brother-in-law Charles Smith.
Pallbearers were Gary Floyd, Brad Hamblin, D.J. Moore, Neal Thompson, Norman Thompson, and Timothy Stevens. Honorary pallbearers were Mike McCord, Carl Love, Jerry Stevens, Burnice Floyd, Harlon Hamblin, and Paul Childs.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...