East Union rebounds against Myrtle
The Lady Urchins rebounded from a disappointed weekend setback to Mooreville by defeating Myrtle, 7-1, on Tuesday.
After falling 17-0 to Mooreville on Saturday, Stephanie Hardy put East on the board in the first, and behind five hits in the second, the Lady Urchins built a 4-0 lead.
Myrtle’s run came in the sixth inning after the Lady Hawks loaded the bases with two outs and walked in a run.
East Union responded, doing the same in the top of the seventh, loading the bases and scoring on a single by Tianna Castillo and walking in two more runs.
Four Lady Urchins had two hits, Callie Frazier, Ashley Leach, Hardy and Castillo. Emily Cook, Lauren Coggin, Kayla Turner and Amber Cook each had two hits for Myrtle.
East Union will play at Ingomar on Thursday and each of the county schools and New Albany will be in action on Saturday, participating in the Robertson’s Sportswear Tournament at BNA Bank Park.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...