Eastern Lights, August 17, 2012
Well, what a beautiful day this Monday turned out to be. Early that morning we had some thunder and lightning.
Anne and Rickey Glidewell came for a visit on Wednesday. I'm always glad to see the children.
Saturday evening I met John and Mary Chunn at Nita’s in Blue Mountain for supper. I had a fish plate that was very good.
I had dinner Sunday at Mt. Olivet Methodist Church. It was their homecoming and I saw several friends from days gone by. There was a very good abundance of food. So many different kinds of cakes. Calvary United Methodist Church joined them for service and lunch.
Donald and Glenda Grant came from Southaven for the homecoming.
Gilbert Stokes, and Butch and Barbara Cobb missed the homecoming. They were in Biloxi at the Civitan conference.
Best wishes go to Joan Stanford who had eye surgery recently. She is doing well and was able to attend her church at Dumas Baptist on Sunday morning.
Arnold and Lula Rose are home after three months in the hospital and rehab center. He is still recuperating after a terrible tractor accident.
Mary Jane Mize and Clara Harrison have had a bout with the shingles recently. Those things are really painful. Also they make you stay home.
A belated birthday to Dru Owen on August 8. Happy Birthday to Rickey Thomas on August 14.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...