Ellistown Breezes, August 24, 2012
Cotton fields are in full bloom, the sky is blue with a few white clouds for decoration, gardens were plentiful this year, and Union County has been one of the fortunate counties blessed by rain. Yes, indeed we thank our Heavenly Father for his goodness to us.
Deepest sympathy to David and Barbara Dill and family in the recent death of his sister, Shelby Kindle. Deepest sympathy to Karen and Bobby Sheffield and family in the recent death of her nephew, Will Craig. Special prayers for the families of Jerry Freeman and Junior Wilhite.
Deepest sympathyalso goes out to the family of Ronald Lyons who died of lung cancer last week. He and his wife, Lynda, lived in Colliervillle, Tenn. Ronald was the son of the late Wilber and Grace Wigington Lyons and attended Ellistown School. His aunt, Frances Wigington, and other members of her family visited him when he was very ill and then returned for his funeral. He was also cousin to many of us who live in this community.
A few weeks ago I saw in one of the papers where Irene Norton of Myrtle, had died. She and I worked for the same company for several years and we had many short spiritual conversations concerning the company changing and God saving our jobs. She knew the Lord and wasn’t afraid to say so and give Him the credit.
Mike and Sherry Moore’s two youngest granddaughters enjoyed a family outing at the Connie Davis Memorial Fishing Rodeo on Saturday at Camp Armstrong. Annalise Bailey won a trophy and rod and reel combo. Eliza Whitenton won a trophy and a brand new bicycle. They came home and went fishing again with their “Poppy.” Congratulations to the girls.
Happy birthday to Cristie McCraw, Dana Reeder, Rusty Wilkinson, and Frances Hill, on Saturday, Aug. 25; to Benny Ray Roberts and twin, Lynda Mae Bishop, on Sunday, Aug. 26; to George Hugh McCraw, on Monday, Aug. 27; and his brother, Charles Tyson McCraw, on Thursday, Aug. 30. May you all have many more.
The beautiful flowers in our church last Sunday were given by the Roberts family in memory of the late Ethrel and Gary Roberts. Ethrel died 10 years ago Aug. 30, and Gary died three years ago Aug. 14. I heard that the family was having one of their annual gatherings after services last Sunday.
Prayer requests this week are for Alvin Bramlett, Barbara Hannaford, Jodie Crump, and Pete Wigingon for cancer; Nell Roberts knee surgery; Tom Cash, Trent Grubbs and Cristie McCraw for health in general. Of course, prayers also go out to our state and nation, leaders, military personnel and their families. Also, prayers go out to our homebound and nursing home residents: Idell Bridges, Dolly Chapman, Beatrice Duggar, Bonnie Malone, Byron Millican, Sue Pannell, Louise Roberts, Mildred Roberts, Doris Terry and Ruth Turner.
The children’s choir did a marvelous job singing for us last Sunday morning, under the direction of Anna Lisa Powell and Calla Basil. Then before Brother Mike brought the message, Debbie Epting and Alee Nichols sang a beautiful song for us.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...