Estelle Nelson Obituary
Ora Estelle Cobb Nelson, 93, of New Albany, died Aug. 13, 2012 at Dogwood Plantation Assisted Living in New Albany. She was born April 17, 1919 in New Albany to Ike and Lula Grubbs Cobb. She was a retired sewing machine operator for Futorian. She was a member of the Beulah Road Homemakers Club and, also, a member of Victory Life Center in New Albany.
Funeral services were at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 15, 2012 at Victory Life Center of New Albany with Rev. Mark Bishop and Rev. Randy Hamilton officiating. Interment was in Glenfield Memorial Park. United Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her daughter, Rita Rutledge; two daughter-in-laws, Betty Cooper and Carolyn Schmitz; eight grandchildren, Keith Cooper, Philip Cooper, Ken Cooper, Sonda Graves, Sonya Roberts, Barry Beaver, Tabitha Ervin and Jennifer Speck and seventeen great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husbands, Troy Cooper, Walter Jeeter and Garner Nelson; by her parents; a daugther, Mary Beaver; and two sons, Billy Ray Cooper and Darrell Cooper.
Pallbearers were Charles Wright, Gary Cooper, Joey Speck, Shane Beecham, Stanley Jeter, Ricky Bolen, Joe Ervin and Trey Graves.
Visitation was from noon until service time, Wednesday, at the church.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...