Estelle Nelson Obituary
Ora Estelle Cobb Nelson, 93, of New Albany, died Aug. 13, 2012 at Dogwood Plantation Assisted Living in New Albany. She was born April 17, 1919 in New Albany to Ike and Lula Grubbs Cobb. She was a retired sewing machine operator for Futorian. She was a member of the Beulah Road Homemakers Club and, also, a member of Victory Life Center in New Albany.
Funeral services were at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 15, 2012 at Victory Life Center of New Albany with Rev. Mark Bishop and Rev. Randy Hamilton officiating. Interment was in Glenfield Memorial Park. United Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her daughter, Rita Rutledge; two daughter-in-laws, Betty Cooper and Carolyn Schmitz; eight grandchildren, Keith Cooper, Philip Cooper, Ken Cooper, Sonda Graves, Sonya Roberts, Barry Beaver, Tabitha Ervin and Jennifer Speck and seventeen great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husbands, Troy Cooper, Walter Jeeter and Garner Nelson; by her parents; a daugther, Mary Beaver; and two sons, Billy Ray Cooper and Darrell Cooper.
Pallbearers were Charles Wright, Gary Cooper, Joey Speck, Shane Beecham, Stanley Jeter, Ricky Bolen, Joe Ervin and Trey Graves.
Visitation was from noon until service time, Wednesday, at the church.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...