Estelle Nelson Obituary
Ora Estelle Cobb Nelson, 93, of New Albany, died Aug. 13, 2012 at Dogwood Plantation Assisted Living in New Albany. She was born April 17, 1919 in New Albany to Ike and Lula Grubbs Cobb. She was a retired sewing machine operator for Futorian. She was a member of the Beulah Road Homemakers Club and, also, a member of Victory Life Center in New Albany.
Funeral services were at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 15, 2012 at Victory Life Center of New Albany with Rev. Mark Bishop and Rev. Randy Hamilton officiating. Interment was in Glenfield Memorial Park. United Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her daughter, Rita Rutledge; two daughter-in-laws, Betty Cooper and Carolyn Schmitz; eight grandchildren, Keith Cooper, Philip Cooper, Ken Cooper, Sonda Graves, Sonya Roberts, Barry Beaver, Tabitha Ervin and Jennifer Speck and seventeen great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husbands, Troy Cooper, Walter Jeeter and Garner Nelson; by her parents; a daugther, Mary Beaver; and two sons, Billy Ray Cooper and Darrell Cooper.
Pallbearers were Charles Wright, Gary Cooper, Joey Speck, Shane Beecham, Stanley Jeter, Ricky Bolen, Joe Ervin and Trey Graves.
Visitation was from noon until service time, Wednesday, at the church.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...