Estelle Nelson Obituary
Ora Estelle Cobb Nelson, 93, of New Albany, died Aug. 13, 2012 at Dogwood Plantation Assisted Living in New Albany. She was born April 17, 1919 in New Albany to Ike and Lula Grubbs Cobb. She was a retired sewing machine operator for Futorian. She was a member of the Beulah Road Homemakers Club and, also, a member of Victory Life Center in New Albany.
Funeral services were at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 15, 2012 at Victory Life Center of New Albany with Rev. Mark Bishop and Rev. Randy Hamilton officiating. Interment was in Glenfield Memorial Park. United Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her daughter, Rita Rutledge; two daughter-in-laws, Betty Cooper and Carolyn Schmitz; eight grandchildren, Keith Cooper, Philip Cooper, Ken Cooper, Sonda Graves, Sonya Roberts, Barry Beaver, Tabitha Ervin and Jennifer Speck and seventeen great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husbands, Troy Cooper, Walter Jeeter and Garner Nelson; by her parents; a daugther, Mary Beaver; and two sons, Billy Ray Cooper and Darrell Cooper.
Pallbearers were Charles Wright, Gary Cooper, Joey Speck, Shane Beecham, Stanley Jeter, Ricky Bolen, Joe Ervin and Trey Graves.
Visitation was from noon until service time, Wednesday, at the church.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Ignoring burn ban can cost you money September 29, 2016
- BNA Bank converting former bus station into new mortgage center September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...