Grover Wilhite Obituary
Grover C. Wilhite, Jr., 80, died Thursday, Aug. 16, 2012 at the North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Oct. 21, 1931 in Union County to the late Grover Cleveland Wilhite, Sr. and Flora A. Butler Wilhite. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army having served in the Korean War. He was a former employee of Stratford/Mohasco retiring after 40 years. He was a member of the Fairfield Presbyterian Church.
Services were at 1 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 18, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Dan Rupert and Rev. Rickey Blythe officiating. Interment was in the Pleasant Ridge Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his son Michael C. Wilhite (Donna) of New Albany, a grandchild Rachel Wilhite of New Albany, three sisters Margaret Blythe of Baldwyn, Jean East of Germantown, Tenn., and Juanita Little of Olive Branch, and a brother Wayne Wilhite of Baldwyn.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife Mary Alice Windle Wilhite, four sisters Charlene Letson, Obera Hall, Ruth Smithey, and Helen Thornton, and three brothers Loyd Wilhite, Carl Wilhite, and Merle Wilhite.
Pallbearers were Ronnie Blythe, Tom Hall, Jim Wilhite, Tim Benjamin, Irby Smithey, and Bobby East.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the Fairfield Presbyterian Church in Blue Springs, or the Good Samaritan Center in New Albany.
In honor of Mr. Wilhite, United Funeral Service, Inc. will fly the flag of the United States Army at the funeral home during visitation and service.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series