Grover Wilhite Obituary
Grover C. Wilhite, Jr., 80, died Thursday, Aug. 16, 2012 at the North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Oct. 21, 1931 in Union County to the late Grover Cleveland Wilhite, Sr. and Flora A. Butler Wilhite. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army having served in the Korean War. He was a former employee of Stratford/Mohasco retiring after 40 years. He was a member of the Fairfield Presbyterian Church.
Services were at 1 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 18, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Dan Rupert and Rev. Rickey Blythe officiating. Interment was in the Pleasant Ridge Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his son Michael C. Wilhite (Donna) of New Albany, a grandchild Rachel Wilhite of New Albany, three sisters Margaret Blythe of Baldwyn, Jean East of Germantown, Tenn., and Juanita Little of Olive Branch, and a brother Wayne Wilhite of Baldwyn.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife Mary Alice Windle Wilhite, four sisters Charlene Letson, Obera Hall, Ruth Smithey, and Helen Thornton, and three brothers Loyd Wilhite, Carl Wilhite, and Merle Wilhite.
Pallbearers were Ronnie Blythe, Tom Hall, Jim Wilhite, Tim Benjamin, Irby Smithey, and Bobby East.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the Fairfield Presbyterian Church in Blue Springs, or the Good Samaritan Center in New Albany.
In honor of Mr. Wilhite, United Funeral Service, Inc. will fly the flag of the United States Army at the funeral home during visitation and service.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Ollie Otter teaches kids to buckle up September 27, 2016
- Supervisors try again on bridge contract September 27, 2016
- Main Street drainage work delayed September 27, 2016
- NAES students study Constitution September 27, 2016
- Tell us what you want the news to be September 27, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...