Heritage Pioneer Days Sept. 13-15
The annual Heritage Pioneer Days at the Union County Heritage Museum are set for September 13,14,&15. Teachers can call the museum to get on the schedule for bringing their classes.
The three-day, hands-on event allows students to experience what it was like to live in an earlier time when people lived on farms , grew their food, and livestock, made their own music and did not have the conveniences and communication devices that we have today.
For more information, call the museum at 662-538-0014. Volunteers are needed for this event. If you would like to participate in an event that is fun and educational, call or come by the museum at 114 Cleveland St. in New Albany.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...