Liberty School News, August 17, 2012
Fifty-five attendees enjoyed a wonderful evening of music, good food, and fellowship at the July 28 meeting of Liberty School. Lil Grisham welcomed those in attendance and Reverend Carl Weeden gave the invocation and blessing prior to the covered-dish dinner.
The Jazz Lite Orchestra, with soloists Curtis Downs, Larry Tyler, and Joyce Gibbs, provided the evening’s entertainment. Members of the Jazz Lite Orchestra: Aaron Bailey (Coldwater) baritone saxophone; Billy Cole (Southaven) saxophone; Curtis Downs (Oxford) vocalist; Andrew Fox (Oxford) piano and arrangements; Joyce Gibbs (Oxford) vocalist; Larry Gooch (Memphis, Tennessee) drums; Robert Plunkett (Ripley) trombone; Larry Tyler (Oxford) vocalist and guitar; Wes Walker (Olive Branch) saxophone, clarinet, flute; Michael Worthy (Oxford) bass.
Included in their musical and vocal selections were: “Cute,” “I Get a Kick Out of You,” “It Happened in Monterey,” “Tuxedo Junction,” “Tennessee Waltz,” “Somebody Loves You,” “Take the A-Train,” “Route 66,” “Beyond the Sea,” “Fools Fall in Love,” “I’m Goin’ Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter,” “At Last,” “Please Release Me,” “Blue Skies.” The Liberty School group appreciates your giving of your time to share your talents with us. Thank you.
Visitors for the evening were: Julie K. Cooper from Etta; Bobby Garrett from Tennessee; Cut Huffstatler from Myrtle; Rosemary and Charles Jeter from Ingomar; Mildred Milstead from Walnut, Billy Tate, Hunter Wade, Kateland Wade, Brenda and Joe Williams, and Virginia and Jr. Wilson from New Albany; and Glynda and Carl Weeden from Corinth.
Ingomar High School Class of 1960 enjoyed a reunion following the school meeting. Members of the class attending were: Curtis Downs, Frances Robbins Dunlap, Bobby Garrett, Lil Huffstatler Grisham, Rosemary and Charles Jeter, Billy Tate, Glynda Weeden, and Joe Williams.
June birthdays are Lucille Fitzgerald, Jane Raines, Jennifer Sappington, and Carolyn Wigington. July birthdays are Frances Robbins Dunlap, Stephen Fitzgerald, Dorothy Robbins Strawn. June Anniversary: Frances Robbins and Norman Dunlap.
Get well wishes are extended to Ruby Lee Dunlap, LaVonia LaFrain, Victoria Rakestraw. Sympathy is extended to the families of Jimmy Cobb, Ruby Gaines, and Gina Fitts Crumpton of New Albany, Gerald Gaines of Ingomar, Wayne Gaines of Myrtle, Frances Lessel Herring of Center Hill, and Ruby Todd Herring of Coldwater.
The Liberty school August meeting and covered-dish dinner will be at 6 p.m., Aug. 21. Entertainment will be provided and everyone is welcome.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...