Liberty School News, August 17, 2012
Fifty-five attendees enjoyed a wonderful evening of music, good food, and fellowship at the July 28 meeting of Liberty School. Lil Grisham welcomed those in attendance and Reverend Carl Weeden gave the invocation and blessing prior to the covered-dish dinner.
The Jazz Lite Orchestra, with soloists Curtis Downs, Larry Tyler, and Joyce Gibbs, provided the evening’s entertainment. Members of the Jazz Lite Orchestra: Aaron Bailey (Coldwater) baritone saxophone; Billy Cole (Southaven) saxophone; Curtis Downs (Oxford) vocalist; Andrew Fox (Oxford) piano and arrangements; Joyce Gibbs (Oxford) vocalist; Larry Gooch (Memphis, Tennessee) drums; Robert Plunkett (Ripley) trombone; Larry Tyler (Oxford) vocalist and guitar; Wes Walker (Olive Branch) saxophone, clarinet, flute; Michael Worthy (Oxford) bass.
Included in their musical and vocal selections were: “Cute,” “I Get a Kick Out of You,” “It Happened in Monterey,” “Tuxedo Junction,” “Tennessee Waltz,” “Somebody Loves You,” “Take the A-Train,” “Route 66,” “Beyond the Sea,” “Fools Fall in Love,” “I’m Goin’ Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter,” “At Last,” “Please Release Me,” “Blue Skies.” The Liberty School group appreciates your giving of your time to share your talents with us. Thank you.
Visitors for the evening were: Julie K. Cooper from Etta; Bobby Garrett from Tennessee; Cut Huffstatler from Myrtle; Rosemary and Charles Jeter from Ingomar; Mildred Milstead from Walnut, Billy Tate, Hunter Wade, Kateland Wade, Brenda and Joe Williams, and Virginia and Jr. Wilson from New Albany; and Glynda and Carl Weeden from Corinth.
Ingomar High School Class of 1960 enjoyed a reunion following the school meeting. Members of the class attending were: Curtis Downs, Frances Robbins Dunlap, Bobby Garrett, Lil Huffstatler Grisham, Rosemary and Charles Jeter, Billy Tate, Glynda Weeden, and Joe Williams.
June birthdays are Lucille Fitzgerald, Jane Raines, Jennifer Sappington, and Carolyn Wigington. July birthdays are Frances Robbins Dunlap, Stephen Fitzgerald, Dorothy Robbins Strawn. June Anniversary: Frances Robbins and Norman Dunlap.
Get well wishes are extended to Ruby Lee Dunlap, LaVonia LaFrain, Victoria Rakestraw. Sympathy is extended to the families of Jimmy Cobb, Ruby Gaines, and Gina Fitts Crumpton of New Albany, Gerald Gaines of Ingomar, Wayne Gaines of Myrtle, Frances Lessel Herring of Center Hill, and Ruby Todd Herring of Coldwater.
The Liberty school August meeting and covered-dish dinner will be at 6 p.m., Aug. 21. Entertainment will be provided and everyone is welcome.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...