Ruby Browning Obituary
Ruby Frances Watson Browning, 88, of New Albany, died Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2012 at North MS Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Jan. 12, 1924 in Union County. She retired at age 79 from a job she loved as supervisor from the Housekeeping Department at Baptist Memorial Hospital- Union County after nineteen years of service. She enjoyed gardening, flowers, cats and talking on the phone. She was a member of Ingomar Baptist Church.
Funeral services were at 2 p.m. Friday, Aug. 10, 2012 at United Funeral Service with Rev. Clyde Pound, Rev. Kenny Adair, and her nephew, Ricky Kidd officiating. Interment was in Ingomar Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by three daughters, Jean Bechtel (Jeff) of Memphis, Tenn., Polly Weeden (Berry) of Ingomar and Kaye Johnson (Calvin) of Iuka; five grandchildren: Tim Weeden, Jill Deaton, Kim Curet, Angie Minor and Missy Bishop; sixteen great grandchildren and four great-great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, James W. Browning, Sr.; her parents, Gid and Mae Burke Watson; a son, Sambo Browning and two sisters, Lanell Ables and Louise Kidd.
Pallbearers were Jeff Minor, Cody Minor, Herbert Kidd, Corey Minor, Charles Browning and Cameron Minor.
The family requests memorials be made to Ingomar Baptist Church Building Fund.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...