Sherman News, August 22, 2012
The Mississippi Municipal League and Three Rivers Planning and Development District hosted a regional legislative meeting Monday evening, Aug. 13 at The Summit in Tupelo. Attending and representing Sherman were Mayor Ben Logan, Alderman Wayne Bullock, and Alderman Martha Swindle. Several issues for the 2013 Session were discussed and addressed by MML Executive Director George Lewis and Three Rivers Executive Director Randy Kelley.
The Sherman Volunteer Fire Department is working with Ultimate Studios, a photography portrait firm, to conduct a fundraiser starting Monday, Aug. 20. There will be a fireman’s appreciation the day the portraits are being made. You are invited to come and get your portrait made and visit with some of your firemen who volunteer to help you daily. Contact Brad McMurry at 662-255-6638, Kyle Horton at 662-316-2471, or Jamie Culpepper at 662-419-8440 for more information on the portrait fundraiser. The monies raised will go to purchase turnout gear for the volunteer firemen.
The youth had a youth rally at 4 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18, at Tri-County Baptist.
The Sherman Church of Christ youth held their youth devotional Sunday night, Aug. 19.
A Sunday school teachers’ training workshop will be held from 9 a.m. to non on Saturday, Aug. 25 at First Baptist Church in Tupelo. All Sherman Baptist Sunday school teachers need to attend the training.
A Fall revival will be held at Sherman Baptist Sept. 30 – Oct. 3 with Bro. David Grisham from First Baptist Church in Jasper, Tenn., as the evangelist.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Ignoring burn ban can cost you money September 29, 2016
- BNA Bank converting former bus station into new mortgage center September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...