Sherman News, August 22, 2012
The Mississippi Municipal League and Three Rivers Planning and Development District hosted a regional legislative meeting Monday evening, Aug. 13 at The Summit in Tupelo. Attending and representing Sherman were Mayor Ben Logan, Alderman Wayne Bullock, and Alderman Martha Swindle. Several issues for the 2013 Session were discussed and addressed by MML Executive Director George Lewis and Three Rivers Executive Director Randy Kelley.
The Sherman Volunteer Fire Department is working with Ultimate Studios, a photography portrait firm, to conduct a fundraiser starting Monday, Aug. 20. There will be a fireman’s appreciation the day the portraits are being made. You are invited to come and get your portrait made and visit with some of your firemen who volunteer to help you daily. Contact Brad McMurry at 662-255-6638, Kyle Horton at 662-316-2471, or Jamie Culpepper at 662-419-8440 for more information on the portrait fundraiser. The monies raised will go to purchase turnout gear for the volunteer firemen.
The youth had a youth rally at 4 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18, at Tri-County Baptist.
The Sherman Church of Christ youth held their youth devotional Sunday night, Aug. 19.
A Sunday school teachers’ training workshop will be held from 9 a.m. to non on Saturday, Aug. 25 at First Baptist Church in Tupelo. All Sherman Baptist Sunday school teachers need to attend the training.
A Fall revival will be held at Sherman Baptist Sept. 30 – Oct. 3 with Bro. David Grisham from First Baptist Church in Jasper, Tenn., as the evangelist.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...