United Way accepts agency applications
Applications will be accepted through Oct. 26, 2012 for non-profit organizations who wish to become a United Way of Northeast Mississippi Agency.
Application forms may be obtained by contacting Shelia McCool, Director of Finance and Funds Distribution for United Way of Northeast Mississippi at 213 West Main Street, Suite 110, Tupelo, Miss. or by calling 662-841-9133.
There are minimum requirements that need to be adhered to in order to apply.
These requirements include: IRS tax exempt status as a 501c3 nonprofit corporation, registered as a nonprofit agency with the Mississippi Secretary of State, agencies must provide health or human service needs not duplicated by an existing agency within the seven counties served by United Way of Northeast Mississippi, agency must be governed by a local volunteer board of directors, which meet at least quarterly, and agencies must be fiscally accountable and adhere to nondiscriminatory policies and practices.
This year United Way of Northeast Mississippi is supporting 69 health and human service agencies.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...