United Way accepts agency applications
Applications will be accepted through Oct. 26, 2012 for non-profit organizations who wish to become a United Way of Northeast Mississippi Agency.
Application forms may be obtained by contacting Shelia McCool, Director of Finance and Funds Distribution for United Way of Northeast Mississippi at 213 West Main Street, Suite 110, Tupelo, Miss. or by calling 662-841-9133.
There are minimum requirements that need to be adhered to in order to apply.
These requirements include: IRS tax exempt status as a 501c3 nonprofit corporation, registered as a nonprofit agency with the Mississippi Secretary of State, agencies must provide health or human service needs not duplicated by an existing agency within the seven counties served by United Way of Northeast Mississippi, agency must be governed by a local volunteer board of directors, which meet at least quarterly, and agencies must be fiscally accountable and adhere to nondiscriminatory policies and practices.
This year United Way of Northeast Mississippi is supporting 69 health and human service agencies.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...