Blanche Aldrich Obituary
Blanche Aldrich died on Friday, Aug. 24, 2012 at 104 years of age in Memphis, Tenn. She was born in Union County, the daughter of John Gillam and Belle Lamar Ferguson.
Aldrich had a long career in teaching in schools in the Mid-south, ending her career in the military overseas school program in Spain. When she returned to Michigan City in retirement, she worked diligently at organizing and sustaining community. She leaves behind a daughter, a multitude of grandchildren and great-grandchildren and a vast circle of friends. She loved her life, her family, her friends and her church.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2012 at Calvary Episcopal Church, Michigan City. Graveside service will immediately follow in Hillcrest Cemetery, Holly Springs.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Marvin Treadwell Aldrich, and daughters, Lucy Horton, Hope Brooks and Elizabeth Anderson.
Visitation was held from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, at Washington Oaks, Michigan City.
The family requests memorials be directed to Calvary Episcopal Church, 655 Fleming Way, Michigan City, MS 38647. Services were provided by Peebles Fayette County Funeral Homes and Cremation Center – Main Chapel of Somerville, Tenn.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- Register now for NEMCC spring classes December 6, 2016
- Thanks for keeping ‘Sharing at Christmas’ something to look forward to December 6, 2016
- We still need help to Share at Christmas December 6, 2016
- Officials welcome funding for expanded emergency communications December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday