Blanche Aldrich Obituary
Blanche Aldrich died on Friday, Aug. 24, 2012 at 104 years of age in Memphis, Tenn. She was born in Union County, the daughter of John Gillam and Belle Lamar Ferguson.
Aldrich had a long career in teaching in schools in the Mid-south, ending her career in the military overseas school program in Spain. When she returned to Michigan City in retirement, she worked diligently at organizing and sustaining community. She leaves behind a daughter, a multitude of grandchildren and great-grandchildren and a vast circle of friends. She loved her life, her family, her friends and her church.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2012 at Calvary Episcopal Church, Michigan City. Graveside service will immediately follow in Hillcrest Cemetery, Holly Springs.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Marvin Treadwell Aldrich, and daughters, Lucy Horton, Hope Brooks and Elizabeth Anderson.
Visitation was held from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, at Washington Oaks, Michigan City.
The family requests memorials be directed to Calvary Episcopal Church, 655 Fleming Way, Michigan City, MS 38647. Services were provided by Peebles Fayette County Funeral Homes and Cremation Center – Main Chapel of Somerville, Tenn.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...