Blanche Aldrich Obituary
Blanche Aldrich died on Friday, Aug. 24, 2012 at 104 years of age in Memphis, Tenn. She was born in Union County, the daughter of John Gillam and Belle Lamar Ferguson.
Aldrich had a long career in teaching in schools in the Mid-south, ending her career in the military overseas school program in Spain. When she returned to Michigan City in retirement, she worked diligently at organizing and sustaining community. She leaves behind a daughter, a multitude of grandchildren and great-grandchildren and a vast circle of friends. She loved her life, her family, her friends and her church.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2012 at Calvary Episcopal Church, Michigan City. Graveside service will immediately follow in Hillcrest Cemetery, Holly Springs.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Marvin Treadwell Aldrich, and daughters, Lucy Horton, Hope Brooks and Elizabeth Anderson.
Visitation was held from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, at Washington Oaks, Michigan City.
The family requests memorials be directed to Calvary Episcopal Church, 655 Fleming Way, Michigan City, MS 38647. Services were provided by Peebles Fayette County Funeral Homes and Cremation Center – Main Chapel of Somerville, Tenn.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...