Edna Abernethy Obituary
Edna Todd Abernethy, 87, of Madison, passed away Aug. 25, 2012 at Hospice Ministries in Ridgeland. She was born Oct. 13, 1924 in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas in the town of Donna. At the age of 14, she moved to the New Albany area and graduated from Macedonia High School. Since 1998, she had been a resident of The Home Place in Madison.
Edna was a member of Myrtle United Methodist Church in Myrtle and was also involved with St. Matthew’s United Methodist Church in Madison for many years. She was passionate about her faith. Known as an avid prayer warrior, many looked to her for support during times of need. She took great pleasure in her family as well, especially enjoying visits from her great-granddaughters.
She is survived by her son J. Samuel Abernethy (Susan) of Dahlonega, Ga.; daughter Suzanne Parker (Dan) of Madison; and granddaughter Abbey Wright (Daniel) and their daughters Marianna & Emma Kate Wright of Madison. She is also survived by her sister Ethel Montgomery of Brandon and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 56 years, James Abernethy.
Visitation was from 10 to 11 a.m., Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012 at Myrtle United Methodist Church, with the funeral following at 11 a.m. Interment was at Gerizim Cemetary in Myrtle. United Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
Memorials may be made to Myrtle United Methodist Church, St. Matthew’s United Methodist Church, or The Home Place.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...