Garrett wins first place at ‘Dance Like the Stars’ fundraiser
Tracy Garrett of New Albany was awarded first place in the 2012 “Dance Like the Stars” event, held Saturday at the BancorpSouth Arena Tupelo.
The event, a yearly fundraiser for the Boys & Girls of Mississippi, raised over $175,000 for the youth development organization – the largest ever in its seven-year history.
“We couldn’t be happier with the way this event has evolved over the past three years,” said Evie Boyd, director of marketing & special events. “We can’t thank the celebrities and sponsors enough for all that they do to make this event so successful. $175,000 – my mind is still processing this milestone! ”
Garrett was chosen first place in the celebrity judges’ category. Second place in the judges’ choice category went to Paul Tucker of Tupelo and Rob Baird of Houston came in third.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...