Local cheerleader to perform in Macy’s and London parades
Megan Rakestraw from Ingomar High School is one of more than 500 high school cheerleaders and dancers from across the U.S. Who will be performing in the world famous London New Year’s Day Parade and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The individuals invited to perform in these events qualified for the trip after being selected as an All-American at one of the summer camps hosted by the Universal Cheerleaders Association (UCA), National Cheerleaders Association (NCA), United Spirit Association (USA), Universal Dance Association (UDA) and National Dance Alliance (NDA). All Americans are selected to try out based on superior cheerleading skills at camps across the country. Rakestraw was selected by the UCA after Ingomar held a private camp at the school during June.
Varsity has been hosting camps since 1974. Since then, they have been leading the way by combing high energy entrtainment with traditional school leadership. Each year, Varsity Brands trains over 325,000 cheerleaders at over 5,000 camp sessions.
Only the top 12% of the cheerleaders who attend varsity summer camps earn the chance to march in these holiday spectaculars. In addition to performing in the London parade, the All-Americans will have the chance to tour London during the seven-day trip.
Rakestraw will hold a fish fry next month to help raise money for the trips. For more information on Rakestraw, visit her website at www.gofundme.com/LilMeg2013.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...