NAHS News August 29, 2012
By Walter Smith
Hello, my name is Walter Smith and I have been bringing you the New Albany High School news this first nine weeks of school. I am a senior enrolled in the NA Journalism class and I not only write the news, I also deliver it to you via radio on WNAU every Thursday.
The New Albany High School news this week is almost depressing. Both volleyball and football lost in heart-breaking style. Football lost 44-43 in overtime against Itawamba after the visitors blocked an extra point to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. The volleyball team also lost this week, but they did enjoy playing before large crowds. Thanks to the FRA loyal and faithful fans for their support and attendance at football and volleyball last week.
On another, more positive note, the New Albany High School journalism classes had two guest speakers last week, both alumni. The guests include Ben Garrett and Elizabeth Googe who are both working in the journalism field. Garrett is a reporter with The Ole Miss Spirit and Googe is a reporter and weekend anchor at WDAM in Hattiesburg.
The boys of journalism are in the planning stages of creating a radio show discussing the news of New Albany High School. They got this idea after hearing another guest, Terry Cook of WNAU speak to the class. Currently, these journalism guys are planning on doing a show for the fall semester.
Homecoming T-Shirts are now sale for $15, go to any school office to get an order form. Yet another former journalism student of New Albany High School, Catherine Ann Herrington Davis, designed these shirts. All proceeds from the sale of these shirts go to the journalism class. This helps us to purchase cameras and computers for our class. Also, don’t forget to like us on Facebook at “In the Dawghouse.”
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series