NAHS News August 29, 2012
By Walter Smith
Hello, my name is Walter Smith and I have been bringing you the New Albany High School news this first nine weeks of school. I am a senior enrolled in the NA Journalism class and I not only write the news, I also deliver it to you via radio on WNAU every Thursday.
The New Albany High School news this week is almost depressing. Both volleyball and football lost in heart-breaking style. Football lost 44-43 in overtime against Itawamba after the visitors blocked an extra point to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. The volleyball team also lost this week, but they did enjoy playing before large crowds. Thanks to the FRA loyal and faithful fans for their support and attendance at football and volleyball last week.
On another, more positive note, the New Albany High School journalism classes had two guest speakers last week, both alumni. The guests include Ben Garrett and Elizabeth Googe who are both working in the journalism field. Garrett is a reporter with The Ole Miss Spirit and Googe is a reporter and weekend anchor at WDAM in Hattiesburg.
The boys of journalism are in the planning stages of creating a radio show discussing the news of New Albany High School. They got this idea after hearing another guest, Terry Cook of WNAU speak to the class. Currently, these journalism guys are planning on doing a show for the fall semester.
Homecoming T-Shirts are now sale for $15, go to any school office to get an order form. Yet another former journalism student of New Albany High School, Catherine Ann Herrington Davis, designed these shirts. All proceeds from the sale of these shirts go to the journalism class. This helps us to purchase cameras and computers for our class. Also, don’t forget to like us on Facebook at “In the Dawghouse.”
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...