Sherman News, August 29, 2012
The Sherman Volunteer Fire Department is working with Ultimate Studios, a photography portrait firm, to conduct a fundraiser. There will be a fireman’s appreciation the day the portraits are being made. Everyone is invited to come and get their portrait made and visit with some of the firemen who volunteer to help daily.
For more information on the portrait fundraiser, contact Brad McMurry at 662-255-6638, Kyle Horton at 662-316-2471, or Jamie Culpepper at 662-419-8440. The monies raised will go towards the purchase of turnout gear for the volunteer firemen.
Brotherhood will be held at 7 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 2 at Tri-County Baptist.
Ladies Fellowship will be at 6:45 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 10 at Tri-County Baptist.
The schedule for next Sunday, Sept. 2, at Sherman Baptist is morning worship at 10 a.m. Sunday school and evening worship have been cancelled.
Fall Revival will be held at Sherman Baptist Sept. 30 – Oct. 3 with Bro. David Grisham from First Baptist Church in Jasper, Tenn., as the evangelist.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Leroy Campbell, 100, who died Thursday, Aug. 23, at his home.
Sympathy is extended to the family of William Keith Craig, 24, who died Thursday, Aug. 16.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...