Sherman News, August 29, 2012
The Sherman Volunteer Fire Department is working with Ultimate Studios, a photography portrait firm, to conduct a fundraiser. There will be a fireman’s appreciation the day the portraits are being made. Everyone is invited to come and get their portrait made and visit with some of the firemen who volunteer to help daily.
For more information on the portrait fundraiser, contact Brad McMurry at 662-255-6638, Kyle Horton at 662-316-2471, or Jamie Culpepper at 662-419-8440. The monies raised will go towards the purchase of turnout gear for the volunteer firemen.
Brotherhood will be held at 7 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 2 at Tri-County Baptist.
Ladies Fellowship will be at 6:45 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 10 at Tri-County Baptist.
The schedule for next Sunday, Sept. 2, at Sherman Baptist is morning worship at 10 a.m. Sunday school and evening worship have been cancelled.
Fall Revival will be held at Sherman Baptist Sept. 30 – Oct. 3 with Bro. David Grisham from First Baptist Church in Jasper, Tenn., as the evangelist.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Leroy Campbell, 100, who died Thursday, Aug. 23, at his home.
Sympathy is extended to the family of William Keith Craig, 24, who died Thursday, Aug. 16.
About Chris Elkins
- Ingomar takes out Mantachie in playoff opener October 13, 2016
- The Playhouse October 18, 2016
- Letter to the editor: MAEP School Funding Formula – Change is coming October 18, 2016
- Communicating with families October 18, 2016
- We plan to be more involved October 18, 2016
- Lady Urchins sweep Calhoun City and advance to North Half October 18, 2016
- We’re moving October 18, 2016
- Sharing at Christmas drive begins; applications due Oct. 29 October 18, 2016
- Historic flag visits museum for bicentennial October 18, 2016
- Christmas parade Nov. 28; new lights, event to follow week of parade October 18, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...