Eastern Lights, August 31, 2012
Hello again, it is almost the end of August. Soon the leaves will be turning many different colors. The temperature already seems like fall of the year.
Some new neighbors have moved into the community. They are Lee and Tiffany Davis from Blue Mountain. Lee is the youth director at Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church. Also Elizabeth Street and her son Paul Harrison come from Myrtle.
Pleasant Hill seniors had a good meeting last Thursday. Annie Ruth White brought pictures of their trip to Cuba in the ‘50s and brought the group up to date about what was going on now. The members enjoyed a bountiful meal after the program. Joe Tate was a special guest.
Best wishes to Norma Pannell who fell Sunday morning and broke her hip and fractured another bone. She is at Baptist Hospital Union County.
To all of you who spent your younger years at Buena Vista School in Tippah County, there will be a meeting at Fellowship Baptist education building on September 15. The doors will be open at noon and lunch will be served at 1 p.m. Your spouses and friends are all welcome. Please this will be pot luck so bring a dish or two and enjoy the day. Some of us thought this would be better to meet at 12 p.m. instead of 5 p.m. so we all could be home by dark.
There will be a meeting at Palestine Baptist Church on County Road 157 just off Hwy. 30 East of New Albany at 2 p.m. on Sept. 30. This is Family and Friends day. More about this later.
Best wishes to Sam Camp, Sandra Jones, Bryan Camp, Lotti Gullick and Vickie Cook who are undergoing tests for different ailments.
Congratulations to Erin Algee who has her Nurse Practitioner License, Erin, we are proud of you,
Best wishes to Jeff White who is a patient at Baptist Memorial Hospital in New Albany. I understand he has pneumonia.
Just learned the Troy Baker fell Sunday afternoon and broke his hip. He is a patient at Baptist Memorial Hospital Oxford- Lafayette in Oxford. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery. He is the daddy of Charles Baker of Pleasant Ridge.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- City officials: Do what you can now…but plan for the future December 1, 2016
- Blue Mountain, Northeast sign credit transfer agreement December 1, 2016
- Alternative School gets visit from banker December 6, 2016
- Middle School students become Junior Ashley’s Angels December 6, 2016
- School menus December 6, 2016
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...