Evan Cornett Obituary
Evan Parker Cornett was born 10:50 p.m.,on Aug. 26, 2012, at to his loving parents Chris and Lauren Cornett, at the Women’s Center in Tupelo, Mississippi. He weighed 4lbs., 10 oz. and was 18 inches long.
While we knew his life would be short, everyone who knew him during this time was most certainly blessed by his presence. We anxiously awaited his arrival and once he joined us in this world he visited with us for four and a half hours before leaving his mother’s arms and was carried away by the embrace of our Lord.
“There is no foot too small to leave an imprint in this world” and he did just that. He walked into our lives and touched our hearts forever. We are honored and humbled by the charity and selflessness of those around us. We give very special thanks to Mary Meghan Mabus and Stephanie Rhea Barcia for documenting our time with our precious little one and Will Rambo for his continued support and prayer.
Evan is survived by his parents, Lauren and Chris Cornett; grandparents, Jan and David Rowan, and Charlotte Walton; great-grandparents, Katherine and Royce Hill; aunts, Leigh-Ann Corder and Camille Rodgers; uncles, Denny Corder and James Rodgers; cousins, Kelsey and Ethan Corder and Adam and Ellinor Rodgers; and many great-aunts, uncles, cousins and family friends.
He is preceded in death by his great-grandparents, Annie Lois and Byron Fitzgerald, Jamison Rowan, and Argie Guy Cornett.
There was a private graveside service at Pontotoc Memorial Gardens at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 29.
“An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby’s birth. Then whispered as she closed the book, ‘too beautiful for this Earth.’” As we carry on you will never be forgotten.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...