Evan Cornett Obituary
Evan Parker Cornett was born 10:50 p.m.,on Aug. 26, 2012, at to his loving parents Chris and Lauren Cornett, at the Women’s Center in Tupelo, Mississippi. He weighed 4lbs., 10 oz. and was 18 inches long.
While we knew his life would be short, everyone who knew him during this time was most certainly blessed by his presence. We anxiously awaited his arrival and once he joined us in this world he visited with us for four and a half hours before leaving his mother’s arms and was carried away by the embrace of our Lord.
“There is no foot too small to leave an imprint in this world” and he did just that. He walked into our lives and touched our hearts forever. We are honored and humbled by the charity and selflessness of those around us. We give very special thanks to Mary Meghan Mabus and Stephanie Rhea Barcia for documenting our time with our precious little one and Will Rambo for his continued support and prayer.
Evan is survived by his parents, Lauren and Chris Cornett; grandparents, Jan and David Rowan, and Charlotte Walton; great-grandparents, Katherine and Royce Hill; aunts, Leigh-Ann Corder and Camille Rodgers; uncles, Denny Corder and James Rodgers; cousins, Kelsey and Ethan Corder and Adam and Ellinor Rodgers; and many great-aunts, uncles, cousins and family friends.
He is preceded in death by his great-grandparents, Annie Lois and Byron Fitzgerald, Jamison Rowan, and Argie Guy Cornett.
There was a private graveside service at Pontotoc Memorial Gardens at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 29.
“An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby’s birth. Then whispered as she closed the book, ‘too beautiful for this Earth.’” As we carry on you will never be forgotten.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...